Evaluation of Your Academic Credentials

Students who hold permanent resident or parole visa status must list their alien registration number in the space indicated on the undergraduate application. They may qualify to be processed for tuition purposes as state residents if they submit the appropriate residency paperwork and have documented established legal domicile in Maryland for one year prior to the semester start date. Presentation of an applicant’s alien registration card for verification may be requested.

The results will be reported to Coppin State University if indicated on the SAT application (Code 5122) or the ACT application (Code 1688). International applicants from countries whose native language is not English are required to submit proof of English proficiency. Students who require English proficiency have several options. Applicants must make their own arrangements for taking the test. The most common assessment and required scores are as follows.

Official notarized transcripts are required from all completed secondary and post-secondary schools you have attended. If you only completed high school, you will submit that record that shows coursework, grades, and attendance dates. If you attended a college or a university, you will also need to request official notarized transcript(s) from these schools as well. All transcripts obtained from schools outside the U.S. must be evaluated for course-by-course translation.

This form (I-134) can be downloaded from the United States Citizenship and Immigrations Services website. The admitted applicant is required to provide to the campus official financial bank statements verifying that more than $27,000 (room, board, mandatory fees and tuition) is available annually. Bank statements should be no more than 2 months old from the date it is submitted. Admitted international students should be prepared to pay all of their expenses for a minimum of one year prior to receiving an I-20. The University does not provide financial assistance for international students.

Applicants who have been accepted for admission will receive the Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20). It is also used for transferring from one institution in the United States to another. If the student has attended another U.S. institution, copy of all I-20s from previously attended schools must accompany a completed Immigration Transfer Recommendation Form from the last attended institution. All immigration documents issued by the U.S. Department of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USCIS) must be presented.

Once the international admissions process is complete, an acceptance packet is mailed that includes your acceptance letter, the I-20 Form (for F Visa) and other enrollment related information. After receiving the I-20 Form, you will need to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee at. Be sure to print and keep a receipt. You must obtain your student visa from the U.S. embassy/consulate. The websites have directions for the visa application process, including how to make an appointment for the visa interview.

At the earliest opportunity, each admitted international student should notify the Office of Admissions of his/her new local or mailing address. Upon arrival to the campus, students must present their F-1 Visa to the Office of Admissions. All international students are required enroll as full-time degree candidates (minimum 12 credit hours per semester).

In order to proceed with enrollment, students must report to the Office of International Programs periodically during each semester for status updates and verification of class attendance. Immigration regulations prohibit persons on student visas from accepting paid employment during their first year in the United States and grant only limited relief for “unforeseen changes in financial circumstances.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *